Thursday 2 July 2015

Red's True Barbecue Review

Location: Queens Street, Nottingham
I went along to try out Red's as I'd been hearing good things about the place and it seemed to be a permanent feature on my instagram feed.
It's an American style BBQ place which basically serves meat...it's located where Fopp used to be and it has a really cool interior. Kind of industrial meets tattoo parlour...
As you can see by the serious bible style menu , they take their meat seriously here.

I opted for the pulled pork plate with a side of macaroni cheese and an iced tea.  

The food arrived really quickly. The pork was really tasty and tender and had a sweet bbq sauce flavour, it came with coleslaw which tasted really fresh and light and complimented it well. The macaroni cheese was ok but went cold really quickly and didn't really have much flavour. I was a bit disappointed with it and wouldn't order it again. 

The iced tea was great, nice and sweet and really refreshing. It was served in a cute half tankard style glass.

I would give the food 7/10 and the decor and theme 8/10 . I will probably go back to try something different next time . I did find that I smelt of bbq smoke after eating in there though which although not a surprise didn't like. Overall it's worth a try for sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment