Sunday 1 February 2015

January favourites

January Favourites

January Favourites by amandainateacup 


Here are some of the things I have been enjoying during the past month.

1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
I am really bad at finding the time to read but I have been really enjoying this book. It won't shock you to find out that it's about a circus that runs at night, it's set in the past and I don't want to ruin it for you but it's full of magic and a mysterious game and seemingly based on where I am up to a bit of romance. Well worth a read. 

2. My new TV
My life has been revolutionised by my mum buying me a lovely big Samsung TV for Christmas, now I'm not watching stuff on an Ipad sized old TV I'm really enjoying watching films again and of course lots of Youtube videos. I also watched Frozen for the first time finally and as I'm not really a Disney fangirl I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. 

3. White Gel pens on black paper
I have been loving drawing with white pens this month. I bought a white manga gel pen when I was in an amazing art shop in San Francisco which I really enjoy using. I'm also really into sacred geometry which this ram skull design incorporates. 

4. Hydraluron Moisture Booster £24.99
This is a serum that you use before your moisturiser and it increases the skins ability to absorb moisture by up to 1000%. Google it if you are not familiar as it is so so good and really makes a difference to your skin. I love it. 

5. B. Stunning Vibrant Eye Shimmer in 097 Golden Sand £6.99
This eye-shadow is only available from Superdrug's B. range, it is a cream eye-shadow in a gorgeous true shimmery gold colour. It applies really well and the pigment is very true and long lasting. I use this either on its own or when I am doing a smoky brown eye. I will be doing a tutorial using this eye-shadow soon. 

6. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo- Uplifting volume Citrus Fragrance
I tried this by chance because Boots had run out of my usual Batiste Volume dry shampoo and this was on offer for £2.99. I am really impressed with it! Unsurprisingly it has an orangey smell which is really nice and refreshing, I wouldn't say it gave my hair a lot of volume but this is well worth trying and I am actually considering re-purchasing which is saying something as I had been brand loyal to Batiste for so long!  

7. Kerastase Resistance Ciment Anti-Usure £16.00
I love this whole range and regularly use the Thermique heat protection fluid but I had not tried any of the shampoos or conditioners. I treated myself to this conditioner and it's really really good. My hair can get dry and this conditioner restores it back to being silky smooth. It's pricey but you don't have to use a lot of the product and the results make it worth it. 

8. Primark - Minty Choc Chip lipbalm £1
I love this lipbalm, so much so in fact that I bought it twice this month after I lost my first one at my graduation. Considering it is so cheap the formula is really great, my lips feel really smooth and it doesn't have an overpowering mint or chocolate chip smell. At only £1 everyone reading this should pick one up and let me know what you think of it! 

Have you tried any of these products? or think you will now go and try some of them? Let me know in the comments below what you thought or tweet me here

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment