Sunday 25 January 2015

Restaurant Review - Wildwood, Nottingham

I went to Wildwood restaurant 18 Kings Street, Nottingham on Thursday night with my mum, it was a complete accident that we went there...we thought it was Pizza Express (no joke) and it wasn't until I sat down that I realised it wasn't...I know right BUT it turned into a pretty pleasant accident so I thought I would give it a bit of a review for you guys. 

The restaurant is where the Jonathan James shoe shop used to be and they have really done a nice job at renovating it. We were sat down at the back of the restaurant and I found it a bit strange that everyone was squeezed into the back of the room but soon realised that was because when the door opened it was FREEZING! I did feel that our table was a bit too close to the next table and we didn't have a lot of room but luckily we were on the end of the row. 



Mum and I both went for pizzas; Mum had the Margherita and I had the Wild Mushroom and Truffle oil pizza - mine was really tasty and you got a nice range of wild mushroom on it, Mum also rated hers. I would go back for a pizza for sure, the chips though were a let down- they were pretty expensive and were very average so I would give them a miss. They were nicely presented though. 






 Overall I would give the food a 7/10, only affected by the lame chips. The staff were really lovely and friendly and the toilets were very nice with really cute wallpaper....worth a visit but I'm not in that much of a hurry to return as it really put me off with the seating plan, I like to be able to eat and chat without other people sitting so close haha #diva 




No comments:

Post a Comment